Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neuropathy / RPLND question

Hi again,
    I had my I/O around feb. and was told I needed chemo for my high afp. Well it has been almost 3 months since I completed 4xEP, pretty much without any major complaints.
    Just a few days ago I noticed a slight tingling in my toes that I attributed to the new shoes I got. Well the tingling/numbness has moved to my hands as well, all within the span of a week. My doc. at Sloan said its neuropathy most likely. I just seem to be concerned that it has started so late after chemo, and moved to my fingers so quick. Anybody have any similar experience? Could it be somthing else?
    Also I am scheduled for RPLND around the end of August. It has been 3 months since i stopped chemo. all my check up scans showed no enlargement in node size, and my afp numbers hover around 1.5-3.0. My doctors did not seem overly concerned about the wait if I kept it under 3 months. I am starting to freak that I should have done the rplnd sooner. Any major risks that i could face, or am I in the clear as long as my markers stay normal?
    Thanks, Drew

hi

Neuropaty is usualy a delayed process. It appears months after chemo. It will diminuish in time but never goes away completly. The only way to reduce the probability of appereance is a very good hydratation and a high dose of Vit E during and after chemo (months). But this is a delicated subject with pro and contra opinions. I tryed it and it worked.
    2005-03
    Stage III EC 85% + Sem 15%
    AFP=2.6; HCG=10, 20,28 and rising
    FULL CAT scan:
    -abdominal lymph clear
    -subpleural lungs metastasis [bipulmonary lesions with diam <= 1cm]
    4 x BEP changed to 3 x BEP at my request
    from 2005-05....Surveillance

Comment

Working...
    X