RPLND on 26th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPLND on 26th September

Well, I have my date for my RPLND, and it will be 4 months from the end of my chemotherapy, and nearly 7 months since I was diagnosed with TC.

If someone had of told me I needed this surgery before I had cancer, I'd have freaked out, as I'm a bit of a coward when it come to that sort of thing.

I know I'll get a lot more apprehensive nearer ther time, but at the moment I feel relatively calm about the whole thing. I just want to get it over with now.

Davie
    Diagnosed March 2006, Stage IIB, 3cm RP mass
    10% Seminoma, 90% Non-Seminoma (Embryonal, and a tiny amount of choriocarcinoma and teratoma)
    Prechemo bHCG-2648, AFP-582
    3xBEP March-June, markers normalised
    3 months postchemo - 1.2cm residual RP mass
    RPLND September 2006 - mostly necrotic tissue plus tiny amount of well differentiated teratoma
    June 2009 - TRT commenced to help out my lefty
    May 2011 - check-up, all clear

Davie:

Glad to hear you've settled on a date, sometimes the uncertainty just makes things more stressful. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just give yourself enough time to recover, DON'T rush it. It will also be good to get rid of that residual material and find out what it is; hopefully it's nothing but scar tissue.

Best wishes.
    Fish
    TC1
    Right I/O 4/22/1988
    RPLND 6/20/1988
    TC2
    Left I/O 9/17/2003
    Surveillance

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will; to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

I know how you feel

Davie, having had my RPLND 30 days ago, I completely understand your feelings. It scared the hell out of me and I was not looking forward to the surgery. But soon other complications from the tumors came to light and I could not wait to have the surgery done.

It was not easy, no BS but it turned out to be easier than I had anticipated. You are ten years younger than I am and undoubtedly in much better physical shape so I am confident you will come through with flying colors! Best of luck to you, we will be praying for you. Drop us a line when you are back up to speed. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. PS, I had 60 staples, can you beat that?
      Kevin Ricks (46 years old)
      Diagnosed 2-2006, AFP = 3800, BHCG = 1226. Left I/O 3-2006, Stage 2 Nonseminomous (50% embryonal carcinoma, 30% teratoma), 4XBEP, two tumors in lymph nodes, (12cm x 5cm left periaortic region and 5cm x 5cm left pelvic region) RPLND 8-2006, Pathology is negative, tumor markers negative, surveilance beginning 9-2006.

Comment

You'll be amazed what you can endure, and come out stronger for having been through it.
        Scott, [email protected]
        right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Working...
        X