Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markiemark73

Hi everyone-
    i'm mark from cincinnati - i'm 32 and was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago. i've had a radical orchiectomy and just finished my first round of chemo. I haven't been sick yet but just feel very fatigued and am battling a small cold due to my weakened immune system. I'm feeling strong emotionally but it always hits me hardest when they access my port and then sitting there for 5 hours during treatment. I'm excited to be a part of this group so that i can share feelings with others that are going thru the same ordeal.

Hi Markie,

Sorry to say welcome to the forum, but I'm glad you found this place.
    It was a lifesaver for me and my son while he went through the
    experience.

Since you went right to chemo, I'm guessing you were stage two or
    three? I hope you get a chance to read about the chemo experiences
    of the other guys. There are a lot of very informative posts. If you
    have any specific questions, don't be afraid to post them. These guys
    will help you in any way they can.

Diane

Comment

welcome

Hi Mark,

I finished chemo nearly 5 years ago and have had great health since.

You will get through it!

Welcome,

JS
      Right side orchiectomy, March 2001, 4.5 cm tumor with probable vascular invasion. Chose surveillance.

9.5 cm groinal lymph node tumor found in Dec. 2001

Finished chemo (cisplatin/etopicide) in March 2002.

Two healthy daughters born naturally after chemo, one in January 2004, another in November 2006.

Continued remission to present

Comment

Hang in there, Mark. It will be tough at times, but you'll be done before you know it.

How many cycles are you doing and what protocol?
        Left I/O 5/9/05, 100% Embryonal Call Carcinoma, Stage IIIa, Laparoscopic RPLND 7/19/05, 4X EP 9/05-11/05

Comment

Mark, where you getting treated in Cincy and who's your doc? I lived in Blue Ash when I got first diagnosed and then moved to AZ and had the I/O.

Regarding the 5hrs + in the recliner, have you tried movies and music? I usually got too tired and had to stop flirting with the nurses after about 10 minutes.
          Age 33, Right I/O Mar '05, 90% embryonal, 10% teratocarcinoma, Surv until 4 mo CT (+), 3 x BEP Aug/Sep '05, CT 10/05 ok, CT 2/06 ok, CT 3/06 ok, CT 6/06 ok, X-Ray, Blood 8/06 ok, Sperm Count 09/06: Low but active, CT 10/06 ok, X-ray 12/06 ok, CT 02/07 ok, X-ray/blood 4/07 ok, CT 6/07 ok, X-ray/blood 09/07, CT 10/07 ok, CT 4/08 ok, CT 10/08 ok

LAST NIGHT I DREAMT 1000 LIES
          I CAN SEE THE DAWN
          THROUGH A DIFFERENT SET OF EYES

Comment

Looks like we started chemo the same week, I just finished first round myself this last week, are you doing 3xBEP or 4EP ?? I am doing 4EP.. I agree the sitting in that damn recliner for SO many hours in the week is rough in itself. Sounds like you are not doing to bad also after round 1. Saturday I was gone, felt like death warmed over was so exhuasted I struggled a little. Today not so bad.. little fatigued but all in all ok.. you had a port installed ?? My Onc didnt think I needed to deal with one and we just do an external IV loop on my arm for the week that I keep covered with a mesh when I am not in that god forsaken recliner. Glad all going well so far for you and look forward to continue hearing how you are doing through this.. Soon enough like everyone says we will be survivers and can move one with our lives.

Hang in there markiemark73!!!!!
            Hippie

Comment

yeah this place can really help you out. alot of great people here willing to help. i hope all goes well with you. stay strong and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
              Brian
              diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

you will do great...click on my name/profile to see some of the other posts...i had posted some chemo tips that others added to....
                - lump first noticed 11/20/2005
                - I/O right Dec 8, 2005
                - 95% embryonal / 5% seminoma
                - normal markers PRE surgery
                - no vascular invasion, tunica free of cancer, epididymis free of cancer, lungs free, lymph free
                - Stage I diagnosis
                - surveillance
                - mid feb '06, beta hcg slightly elevated = 4.6...small enlarged lower node seen on CT scan...
                - 3BEP began feb 20, 2006
                - finished 3 BEP, last bleo, april 17, 2006
                - CT scan, blood markers, chest..all clear
                - back on surveillance

Comment

Hang in there Mark, my son went thru four ep over a year ago.....and he is doing great...back to life as normal...or a new normal.......keep us posted......you will get thru this......Mary Ellen

Comment

Working...
                  X