Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer CT scanners show more...

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to mention something that you might want to know.

When I was first being treated and then watched for cancer, I went to a facility that had an older, film based CT scanner. The scans took about 35 to 40 minutes.

Last year I moved, and got my scan at a place with a new, state of the art digital CT machine. Now a full scan takes under 5 minutes. The technician said that these machines emit more radiation, but for a much shorter period and they show a thinner "slice" of your insides.

Anyways, when I first got scans with the new scanner it showed I had tiny liver lesions, which later turned out to be benign and nothing to worry about. The point is, I have probably had them for years, but the older CT machine never picked them up.

I imagine many of you are now getting your scans on these newer machines, right?

JS
    Right side orchiectomy, March 2001, 4.5 cm tumor with probable vascular invasion. Chose surveillance.

9.5 cm groinal lymph node tumor found in Dec. 2001

Finished chemo (cisplatin/etopicide) in March 2002.

Two healthy daughters born naturally after chemo, one in January 2004, another in November 2006.

Continued remission to present

Yep My Xrays and Ct are both digital It is nice that the doctor gets to see the results and then they send them to the RAD to be read and it is done in just hours with results phoned in to me the next day after the offical results are in.
    Brian
    5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

Siemens Somatom 64, http://www.medical.siemens.com/webap...oductId=143945

It's like the Porsche of CT scanners...

Comment

Working...
      X