Another operation, and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another though

Well, I stopped taking hard core pain killers, the ones the doctor gives, and just taking over the counter stuff for the pain. And that is not but maybe three times a day. I am already on the injections for my hormone replacement as I had signs of that a few months ago. So far every time I get a CT or chest x-ray they come back clear. My wounder is this, I have know that it has been there for over a year now. Does that make a difference on how to treat it? Is that a long time for it to have been there? I have my follow up doctors visit on tuesday so hopefully I get pathology then as well.
    Oct 2005
    Stage I Non-Seminoma
    teratoma, immature teratoma, yolk sac, and embryonal carcinomal
    Diagnosed 10/26/05
    Rt Orch 10/27/05
    -------------------------
    Sept 2006
    Stage I Seminoma
    Lt Orch 11/14/06
    Jan 2007
    RPLND
    73 Lymph Nodes - ALL CLEAR!
    [email protected]

Comment

The only thing that is important in treatment is to have the staging done correctly.
      Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Pathology

Well, had a visit with the Dr today. He said it was Seminoma Stage 1. He did mention that there was a small 1% of some unknow type of cells that he needs to talk to the Pathologist about.
        Oct 2005
        Stage I Non-Seminoma
        Diagnosed 10/26/05
        Rt Orch 10/27/05
        Sept 2006
        Stage I Seminoma
        Lt Orch 11/14/06
        Jan 2007
        RPLND
        73 Lymph Nodes - ALL CLEAR!
        [email protected]

Comment

I imagine if there's a possibility it isn't pure seminoma that you haven't decided on further treatment yet. Maybe surveillance, though?
          Scott, [email protected]
          right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Rplnd

After talking again with my wife, and trying to see an oncologist this time around, we are leaning towards the operation. It has been over a year from the first orchiectomy and all tests show no sign of spreading. Remember there was a tumor in me for that entire year as well, but the tests never showed it was cancer either. Just had the ultrasound to go on to know it was there. The second case was 99% seminoma. I know they like to do radiation for that and not the RPLND. My thoughts are this. I have had 3 jobs scense the original operation back in Oct of 05. I have had to also move from one state to another. We lost two pregnancy's as well. I am leaning toward the RPLND to try to avoid a possible re-accurance in the future. I am currently living with my in-laws and have no rent. I worry that in a year or more, that if I have rent, hopefully pregnant or with a baby that I will have to have the RPLND or chemo at a less conveniant time. Also, if it has spread to the lymph nodes, how do they know what side it came from? Left side (S), or right side (NS)? So what do they do then? I just thought I would give more information on how I am thinking and having to look at this.
            Oct 2005
            Stage I Non-Seminoma
            Diagnosed 10/26/05
            Rt Orch 10/27/05
            Sept 2006
            Stage I Seminoma
            Lt Orch 11/14/06
            Jan 2007
            RPLND