uh ...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh ...now what?

On Oct 31 I had a left Orchiectomy. The been is manageable but my doctor went out of town and my appointment to next see him is the 9th. I have idea what the levels from my blood work are and his office wont release them to me? any suggestions?

I mean I don't know if I am ok or dieing ??

I remember he visited me in recovery (yes, outpatient) and told me all went well and that he wanted to look at a possible spot in my chest xray. I have been on vicadin and pretty much on the couch. well I am going crazy!!

any suggestions?
    Diagnosed Oct. 27,2006
    Left Orch Oct. 31, 2006
    Classic Seminoa Entire Testical
    2mm Node in Lower Left Lung
    Currently Radiation Traetment

Hi Ido,

You're blood work won't tell you much... maybe indicate what type it is, how much its spread, etc. It's actually better that you wait until the 9th. That's in two days, and that's about how long it takes to get the pathology report. The pathology report is most important. In two days the doc will tell you what the path report says and talk about the results from the x-ray. Did you do a CAT as well?

Anyway, best of luck and keep us posted, and don't worry too much, chances are that you will be cured, no matter what.

best,

djm
    Detected mass 10-6-06, Radical left I/O 10-10-06, Stage I seminoma, 1.5 cm primary, No LV invasion, No Rete Testis Invasion... Currently on Surveillance.

Comment

ido3dfx:
      The doctor has no right to withhold information from you. As a patient you have rights. Check this link to the Patients Bill Of Rights which was put into law in 1997. I would switch doctors for this alone.
      Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

just call the place who did the path report and get it from them

just call the place who did the path report and get it from them.
        They can not tell you know the report belongs to you.
        I get them all the time I know my results before my doctors do so go get it.
        10/09/06 -- pT1-pNx-Mx-S0

Comment

I know waiting is hard, but it's just two days to your appointment, and I'm sure when you ask, your doctor will give you copies of everything.
          Scott, [email protected]
          right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

I will have to admit that other are right it's just two days, it's not going to change anything, but this we can't tell you stuff fires me up.
            Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

I've been told, "We have to wait until the doctor signs off on the report," but never, "We won't tell you."
              Scott, [email protected]
              right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

waiting game

Well it is Wednesday and the elections are over, no more crazy phone solicitors and commercials. More leaves are falling. I actually got rid of a lot of my adhesive around the surgery area....Uh.....this is what I do when I am waiting.

Thanks for the advise, I pretty much was going to just wait , but with family asking a lot of questions and the pressure was getting to me. Again thanks for reassuring me to wait it out.
                Diagnosed Oct. 27,2006
                Left Orch Oct. 31, 2006

Comment

I found family concern caused a fair amount of the stress during treatment. If you let them know that not only are they concerned about you, you're worried about them, they'll know to give you a bit of a break.
                  Cancer's enough to worry about, you shouldn't have to worry about your family worrying about you.. It's too much. You'll keep them informed when you know.
                  Sleep Without Dreams - 63 days of Chemotherapy

Comment

results

Well so far so good.

alpha levels are 2.5
                    xrays fine
                    ct clean except for the left lung-

2.2 mm pulmonary nodule in the lateral left lung base. No lymphadenopathy in the chest.

the path report was truly disgusting to read, but the cancer is out of me.

I see the radiation oncologist next Thursday and the medical oncologists on the 24.

The incision is healing well but very tender. It feels weird too, even tried to wear pants.
                    Diagnosed Oct. 27,2006
                    Left Orch Oct. 31, 2006

Comment

ido3dfx,

What kind of cancer is it? Did you read it in the ath report?

Regards,

djm
                      Detected mass 10-6-06, Radical left I/O 10-10-06, Stage I seminoma, 1.5 cm primary, No LV invasion, No Rete Testis Invasion... Currently on Surveillance.

Comment

seminoma Stage 1
                        Diagnosed Oct. 27,2006
                        Left Orch Oct. 31, 2006

Comment

That's relatively excellent news. Surveillance? Radiation therapy?
                          Scott, [email protected]

Comment

course of treatment

It will be 22 radiation treatments, any suggestions (links) for diet ? then surveillance
                            Diagnosed Oct. 27,2006
                            Left Orch Oct. 31, 2006

Comment

update

Well I ended up with 50 treatments and a clean bill of health. I have moved to Goodyear , AZ and am starting to look for a job. I want to thank everyone who ever posts, I read a lot but dont say much as it seems there are so many here worse off than me. Sometimes I read what others go through and I feel almost..guilty. For anyone who is going through this or anyone who is in just on follow ups. Keep faith, read lance's books, watch the secret, talk it out and be strong. Life is as valuable as YOU make it.
                              Diagnosed Oct. 27,2006
                              Left Orch Oct. 31, 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X