Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in my right

Hi all,

I've had intermittent pain in groin on the side of my survivor for the past couple of weeks. It's been 2 months past my left I/O. My one urologist was not too concerned, since Dr. Sheinfeld's office already did an examination last week. I just told my other uro-doc today, and he wants to schedule a US, just to be sure. He doesn't think it's anything, but right now I'm terrified.

I've been passing fragments from my last lithotripsy as well (I passed a 6mm fragment in the restroom of Sheinfeld's waiting room! ) I wonder if my groin pain may be related to that.

Thursday, I have an appointment at the sperm bank as well, so everything is making me anxious right now.

djm
    Detected mass 10-6-06, Radical left I/O 10-10-06, Stage I seminoma, 1.5 cm primary, No LV invasion, No Rete Testis Invasion... Currently on Surveillance.

DJ,
    Just an FYI. I think there's a few of us that get these pains from time to time. Especially so close to the i/o. Keep in mind it's a sensitive area and there's been alot of scrambling around lately. If your anything like the rest of us, you're probably self examining the survivor every time you have a twinge. That in itself will aggravate things. Things are going to need some time to settle down and heal. The US will tell for sure, but it's probably just the healing process. Hang in there.
    I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

I have testicular pain every day now. My old urologist wasnt too concerned, although he agreed to an US wich came back clear.

I spoke to someone who was hypogonadal for many years and got to the point of not being able to get out of bed, he had only one testis aswell. He said it is from primary hypogonadism and it goes away once comencing TRT.

I also spoke to a few people about it, they described it as a squeezing sensation wich is what I am experiencing, they had it on HCG wich is an LH analogue, so elevated LH could be the problem. My last blood test showed reasonable levels of both LH and T since commencing Zinc, so I am gonna wait it out, I am also gonna get afternoon LH and T levels and compare it with my old afternoon levels and see if theres a problem.
      I guess it could go away after awhile, or TRT might be the answer.
      Aged 23 ;; 09/06 left I/O ;; Markers normal ;; 100% Seminoma Stage 1. ;; 10x8x16mm & 7x7x8mm ;; rete testis invasion. ;; no vascular invasion. ;; surveillance. ;; HRT.

Comment

got the same thing bro

Remember your 1 guy is doing the work that it took 2 guys to do in the past.
        I'd have to guess this has something to do with it.

Also it seems as the folks who recently had this done are all going through the same pain.
        10/09/06 -- pT1-pNx-Mx-S0

Comment

If its painfull it is clearly Not doing the work for too, it is failing.

Sorry Scott I know your not gonna like me saying this, but why the hell havent all of us with pain been given the option of TRT.

I find it frustrating if someone has a lung removed and they find it hard to go up a flight of stairs, I am sure it would hit the news papers if there was something that could give them there full lung function back, and I am sure doctors would offer it to all there patients.
          Why is there this stigma on HRT.
          Ever since my surgery I have felt punished by being withheld HRT, I have had doctor after doctor tell me I am normal yet I show all the symptoms, all I get from doctors these days are lies. I have fired all my doctors except for my oncologist who seems like a good bloke.
          Aged 23 ;; 09/06 left I/O ;; Markers normal ;; 100% Seminoma Stage 1. ;; 10x8x16mm & 7x7x8mm ;; rete testis invasion. ;; no vascular invasion. ;; surveillance. ;; HRT.

Comment

Well,

I feel no pain today... I'm wearing looser pants, and tighter undies, and it seems to help a lot. Plus, I searched a lot on these forums and saw that lots of people have the same problem after I/O. Plus, I started exercising again, plus the entire area is much less numb than it was right after I/O, no doubt because nerves are making connections. They haven't called me yet about scheduling the US, but if they don't I probably won't pursue it (would pursue it if pain continues to be a problem). So I've relaxed about it, and also stopped touching it.

I used to rockclimb, ski, and mountain bike a lot... all of these were risky activities, and yet I never went out thinking "what if I get hurt today". I really, really need to get back into that mindset... I'm trying to stay strong for my fiancee, because she says that I have to be the strong one in our relationship.

Thursday I'm going to the bank... that's going to tell me a lot. A few years ago I had normal to above normal sperm (60 million/ml >80% motility, if memory serves). I'll see how I am now, and that should give me some insight about how the remaining boy is working (although my uro said that ideally I should wait 3 months post I/O for optimal sperm).

Regards,

djm
            Detected mass 10-6-06, Radical left I/O 10-10-06, Stage I seminoma, 1.5 cm primary, No LV invasion, No Rete Testis Invasion... Currently on Surveillance.

Comment

Yea you should wait, I think that is because the sperm coming out of the affected testis would be swiming in circles acording to my endo. My FSH has raised wich could mean my last man standing is producing more swimmers, I am confident my daily zinc intake is helping my sperm production, I am gonna bank for a 3rd time sometime soon.

I have started to wear boxers as I was wearing briefs before when I was getting the pain, although I dont feel it helping. I am sure its an endocrine problem, and I am sure it hasnt grown.

Whats funny is if my pain persists my doctors are going to have 2 options, give me TRT, or perform a simple orchidectomy and give me TRT. lol

Comment

No offense taken, not everyone suffers from hypogonadism post I/O they say its 1 in 5 but I am suspecting its underdiagnosed.
                I asumed because an US was ordered and that he mentioned it before that the pain is in his testis.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael112
                  Yea you should wait, I think that is because the sperm coming out of the affected testis would be swiming in circles acording to my endo.
                  He wasn't kidding... I have access to some fairly fancy imaging equipment... about 2 weeks after my I/O I had a look at my sperm and I was completely demoralized, there were not very many, and most were dead, and then most of the ones that were moving, their tails were all tied up in knots, and they were swimming in these errant circles. I really didn't know how to count them, though, and I don't even think I have the right hemocytometer in my lab... so I'll have to wait for an official semen analysis.

about three weeks later I had another look, and they were MUCH MUCH better. Now I just want to get the banking process started, and the next couple of samples should be after the 3 month mark...

Regards,

djm

Comment

Originally posted by Rover
                    I understand your fear. My fingers are crossed hoping it's your stones. Wait, did I just wish stones on somebody? Not cool. Let's shoot for nothing!

Let us know,

-chris
                    Hey Chris,

Kidney stones are a blessing that may have saved my life, it was because of them that I went to the uro... I had no other symptoms. I've had a history of those hard, sharp, little buggers...and I honestly long for the days where I considered them a major health crisis. So I thank you for wishing them upon me .

Regards,

djm

Comment

Originally posted by Michael112
                      Sorry Scott I know your not gonna like me saying this, but why the hell havent all of us with pain been given the option of TRT.
                      Michael, I don't mind your saying it, but I'm not convinced it's the answer or that your self-diagnosis is correct. I support hormone replacement therapy when it's medically indicated.
                      Scott
                      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Working...
                      X