Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djmace Seminoma Surveillance Thread

Hi all,

This is still 'unofficial', because I don't have the results from the blood tumor markers (but they were negative at the start, so I don't expect them to change):

My CT scans and CXR look clean! In fact, previously noted lymph nodes weren't noted this time. Lots of other stuff, though... bilateral bone islands in hip, appendicolith (apparently on previous scan as well, but not noted in that one), absence of left testicle, etc.

Not sure when I do my next one, but I imagine sometime mid-May. Until then I hope I can relax a bit...
    Last edited by djmac; 01-30-07, 09:18 PM.
    Detected mass 10-6-06, Radical left I/O 10-10-06, Stage I seminoma, 1.5 cm primary, No LV invasion, No Rete Testis Invasion... Currently on Surveillance.

having the CT scans and CXR clear is huge, congratulations. Now you really can relax a bit.
    Last edited by dadmo; 02-06-08, 04:21 PM.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

It's great to hear that you have an "all clear" (albeit unofficial) under your belt. This news should give you some peace of mind; besides, I can tell you sound more at ease, too. You're one month ahead of me in surveillance appts, so mid-May sounds about right. Here's to more "all clears" in the future,
      "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
      11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
      12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Great news! Congratulations
        Lori and Jon
        Diagnosed 5/22/2006
        I/O 5/26/2006, Stage 3, Good
        Teratoma (Majority), Seminoma (10%), Yolk Sac
        3xEP then determined not working
        HDC w/stem cell transplant 8/16/06 to 9/25/06
        Chest and Neck surgery 10/9/06 - immature teratoma
        RPLND 11/16/06 - immature Teratoma
        2/29/2008 - markers continue to be normal!
        9/16/2008 - released from Dr. Einhorn's care

Comment

Excellent news!!! Congrats!!!!!
          Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

take a really deep breath....exhale! feels good doesn't it? congrats!!
            diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

7 months, all clear!

They noted subcentimeter retroperitoneal lymph nodes that were "not significantly changed since prior study on 1/29/07".

Still pending bloodwork and manhandling by onco on Wednesday, but I'm very relieved, and somewhat ashamed about how anxious I've been lately.

I wish you all the best!

djm

PS I think I'll have a Scotch tonight!
              Detected mass 10-6-06, Radical left I/O 10-10-06, Stage I seminoma, 1.5 cm primary, No LV invasion, No Rete Testis Invasion... Currently on Surveillance.

Comment

djm,
                Congrats! I raised a glass of wine in your honor!
                Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Anxious? Holy cow you had cancer. I think anxious is quite appropriate.
                  Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Way to go DJ! Great news!
                    I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djmac
                      7 months, all clear!
                      [...]
                      PS I think I'll have a Scotch tonight!
                      This is great, dude! I can hear all the way over here your sigh of relief . It's definitely worthy of Scotch! Cheers!
                      "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
                      11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
                      12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

I am thrilled for you. You sound so great!!! Don't beat yourself about the anxiety, you handled yourself very well.

M.
                        Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
                        Current DVT
                        Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Well, Just had my next CT results... Had it done Tuesday and the results are in today... CT shows clean...and I don't have the bloodwork yet. Happy about the clean CT though... except:

"Abdomen views include the lung bases and show minimal discoid atelectasis has appeared posteriorly at the right lower lobe. There is a focal rounded opacity posteriorly at the right lower lobe in image 2 which has appeared since the last exam, but this is probably due to an area of focal atelectasis located subpleurally."

Atelectasis is essentially "collapsed lung" it sounds freaky, but no one seems to be making a big thing of it. The radiologist didn't mention it again in the report, and my doctor's assistant didn't mention it when she called, only that everything is "ok". Me, I'm kinda freaking out. I was snorkeling during my honeymoon, and I did some deep dives, which caused some blood vessels to burst in my nose causing nosebleeds, and I guess that pressure can cause atelectasis, but I think that's a stretch. Well, it will be a week or so before I actually talk to my docs personally so I'll be sure to bring it up...

Cheers,

djm

Comment

Enjoy the clear CT DJ! It sounds like the atelectasis wasn't large enough to cause them concern. I think it's safe to say that at our age a number of anomalies can start to occur. Who knows, it may be more common than we think. After all how much of the general populace have scheduled CT's to see? I'm starting to accept members into the borigly uneventful club. You're in Buddy!
                            Cheers Bro,
                            Mark
                            I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

djmac,
                              CONGRATS!!! Ray had one of those little buggers on a CT a while ago and it has since resolved. Don't freak out.....celebrate!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X