3xBEP or surveillance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    There is a regimen of carboplatin AUC10 dose used for seminoma in some areas of the United Kingdom but I am assuming this is not where you are located.
    Thank you Mike!

Do you know how/where can I find info where are they using carboplatin AUC10 and if I can get this treatment as not citizen of UK? (or if it is somewhere in European Union) I read some studies that it seems to be as effective as BEP but with less long-term side effects. Which is exactly what I am looking for.

Comment

To my knowledge carboplatin AUC10 is only done in the United Kingdom and they kind of have a tradition of doing things a bit different at times. Neither good nor bad, but just different.

Here are the two most recent articles I am aware of:
      For metastatic seminoma, carboplatin AUC10 harbours a similar oncological efficacy to established therapies, with a low failure risk. The major acute toxicity was myelosuppression. Our study establishes carboplatin AUC10 as another standard-of-care treatment option for good-prognosis metastatic semi …

Carboplatin AUC10 is a safe and effective treatment for stage II/III seminoma with better health-related quality of life than experienced with combination cisplatin-based chemotherapy.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Hello all,
        thank you very much for recommending dr. Michal Chovanec, he is really good, I wish all doctors would be like him.
        So I am now after control CT after 6 weeks from first CT and it showed that size of enlarged lymph nodes was not changed.
        Dr. Chovanec mentioned that if I really want to avoid chemotherapy there is RPLND surgery still an option for me but also mentioned that he does not know of any experienced enough surgeon in Slovakia.
        Could anybody recommend some best RPLND surgeons in Europe? (maybe Austria, Germany, ...)

Comment

Our friends at the TCRC keep a list of testicular cancer experts at: http://thetcrc.org/experts.html and in the case of RPLND for clinical stage I disease, I would certainly want an experienced surgeon.

If I had to pick a place to start, I personally would reach out to Dr Axel Heidenreich and team in Germany. Dr. Pia Paffenholz is also with Dr. Heidenreich and I have met her and have heard great things about her too. Dr Peter Albers is a RPLND surgeon on the list too, and in Düsseldorf.

I am not personally familiar with the Austrian doctor listed. He is a radiation oncologist so not sure about his surgical team.

Mike
          Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
          06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
          06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
          Surveillance...
          Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
          6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Working...
          X