Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jstat's RPLND Update...and questions?

First the good news....(Thank God!)
    Removed 20 lymph nodes, and some adrenal gland tissue, found 2 enlarged masses, with fibrosis and necrosis, consistent with dead and dying cancer. There was no viable tumour found.

Now the bad news....
    It hurt....lots. It still hurts alot, to laugh, to cough, to toilet, etc. but not as bad as chemo! Surgery was on the 15th of Feb, left hosp on the 26th Feb, 56 staples, all out. But my wound keeps seperating.

Now the questions...
    Retrograde Ejaculation... I tested out the equipment and well. nothing came out. I wanted to see if it worked before my wife decided to see. She wants another baby after all this, but us having 4, I didnt bank. How do I tell her? Is there any chance of it coming back?

Mind you, I am not complaining, infertility is nothing compared to cancer.

Thank you all for your comments and your stories, and to those who have lost ones due to this terrible disease, they all inspire 1000s to make sure cancer gets removed from every dictionary in the world for being an obsolete word! My family's thoughts and prayers are with you all!

John

Congratulations on the good news, Jstat!

I had retrograde ejaculation for several months after my L-RPLND.
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Tell her the truth then at the next visit talk to the doctor about it I bet he will say let things settle down you had a big surgery things get moved bruised shocked once things have some time to settle down all might be well.
      Good Luck
      Brian
      5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

Most guys plumbing takes a while to get back to normal. It took my son about 8 months to get that function back.
        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

My husband had a bi-lateral RPLND in December and he was 'dry' for the first month and then it came back. I am unsure about fertility but seeing fluid is a good sign for us.
          Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
          Current DVT
          Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Robert2112
            but regardless there are now many ways to collect sperm for IV Fert.
            i had bilateral in 2004 and still "going retro". no kids yet, but i banked before chemo and op.
            my doc also told me that it is now possible to collect semen from urine. following a particular procedure, they can collect semen for an in vitro or in utero insemination*.
            other possibility: extract it directly from the remaining testicle (i bielive with a needle or something)**
            last but not least: adopt.

*in vitro and in utero procedure have a 30% success rate in "child manufacturing" (a little higher % than the funnier and natural way of concieving...).
            **bleah!

Comment

Working...
            X