A Month Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Month Later

Well, a month ago today (32607)was the surgery that removed the right testicle.
    A month has gone by, and I've been told I probably need further treatment as a precautionary step, but it is not until April 5 that I see Dr. Williams in Indy. This leads me to some questions. If I end up having RPLND surgery; one that to my understanding is much more extensive and an even longer incision than the orchidectomy, how long is the normal recovery period?

I am grateful that they got the bulk of the cancer out. I would tell anyone that the moment you notice something is not its normal state with a testicle, go to the doctor, get an ultrasound.

Don't wait!

Bob
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Diagnosed: 2/14/07 Right Orchidectomy:2/26/07 Removed 1.6cmX 1.5cm lesion demonstrating hemorrhagic appearance in mid portion. Larger lesion of 3.0cmX1.0cm in superior portion adjacent to epididymis. Mixed germ cell seminoma 60% embryoma carcinoma 40% Primary tumor pT2 with vascular/lymphatic invasion.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Bob cp; 03-28-07, 12:10 AM.

Thanks Chris

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

You may be able to do some seraches here to find some great posts about RPLND.

For my husband, the quick version of the story, it was 7 days in the hospital, walking after the first day, painful but given medication to help with that. Walking with comfort 4-5 days after surgery and 4-5 days post surgery allowed to drink something. 2 weeks post surgery on a zero fat diet and back at work part time. 4 weeks post surgery, enjoying his normal routine. 8 weeks post surgery, able to pick up our 7 year old son with no discomfort.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask if you need anything.

Margaret
      Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
      Current DVT
      Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Working...
      X