Tumor Markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tumor Markers

I have just got my first Blood Work results back, the nurse I spoke to said the results for AFP were 2.76 and for Bhcg >5. She said these were good, I asked to speak to my Doctor abut he is busy all day!!!!

Can anyone confirm that these results look right and also if they are indeed goog? Last time I spoke to my oncologist he said he would be very surprised if I had any further re-occurence!!!!

You have your hcg listed as being greater then 5, is that an typing error? Did you mean less then .5?
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Typing error, should be less than 5 (<5)

Comment

Originally posted by David1969
        I have just got my first Blood Work results back, the nurse I spoke to said the results for AFP were 2.76 and for Bhcg >5. She said these were good, I asked to speak to my Doctor abut he is busy all day!!!!

Can anyone confirm that these results look right and also if they are indeed goog? Last time I spoke to my oncologist he said he would be very surprised if I had any further re-occurence!!!!
        David...Your AFP looks awesome!! Your HCG should be >.5 not >5....hope that was just a slip of the fingers .

If so, you are good to go!!! Let us know about the >.5 thing.

M
        Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
        Current DVT
        Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

You guys are faster than me!!!

Your numbers look great, party, party, party!

M.
          Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
          Current DVT
          Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Your bloodwork is fine. Enjoy the weekend.
            Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Thanks to everyone. I was a bit annoyed my Doctor did not tell me about what these numbers meant.

Thanks Again.

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X