X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannysbrother
    • Mar 2007

waiting for the sigh.

Thank you to everyone who posted. No doubt the vibes will be pouring in on Thursday!

I can feel the tension building right now leading up to this. It's a familiar feeling by now, but it seems to be magnified for all of us this time. I know why, and it doesn't give me any comfort.

This has just got to work. I believe it will.

You know, sometimes I look around and it is all so surreal. All of this. I noticed that yesterday was exactly 11 months since Danny was diagnosed. It's been literally non-stop since. One thing that none of us have been able to do since then is breathe a sigh of relief. I think you don't know how wonderful it is to breathe a good hard sigh of relief until you yearn to so badly and are prevented for so long. Instead, this uneasy feeling just builds in your chest and all you can do is try to be as at peace with it as you can and get to the next day.

I know when I'll be able to breathe that first good sigh and mean it and feel the release; When our family's plane touches down back in Phoenix and we pull up the our house that was abandoned back in November. It's a TOTAL mess (all of danny's stuff from his apartment AND all of my grandfather's stuff from his apartment are crammed throughout the house) but no matter the disaster area it may be, it will such a relief and symbolic victory to be back. I've already decided to go back with everyone and help get things re-settled for a few weeks before I come back to NYC. We'll move Danny back into his own apartment... and this time he will get to spend his first night there (He never got to when we moved him in the first time). We'll get my grandfather settled, although he will probably live with my parents now. And we'll get the house back in order.

These are the things I think about now. I think it's good for my sanity.

Oh, and before I go back to NYC I think I'll do something for myself. A short trip to Vegas is going to be inevitable. And I intend to put the Bellagio out of business!!!

Until then, the 'sigh' waits, still patiently... It'll come... Thursday will bring it closer...

-M

Comment

• dadmo
      • Oct 2004

Michael:
      This weekend I have a 70 mile training ride with a group from the American Cancer Society. If you can, would you send me a picture of your brother and a picture of yourself. I want to wear the picture of Danny and my wife wants to wear one of you. I would write more but I really don't want to cry at work.

[email protected]
      or
      [email protected]
      Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

• Margaret
        • Jan 2007

Still here praying Michael...we are all going to stick this out with you...you are not alone!

Love and hugs,

m.
        Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
        Current DVT
        Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

• dannysbrother
          • Mar 2007

Bill,

I told Danny that you'd be wearing his picture on your run. His face lit up and boy did he smile.

Thank you.

I'll send them along.

-M

Comment

• dannysbrother
            • Mar 2007

I almost forgot...

Bill,

RUN LIKE THE WIND!!!

-M

Comment

• Karen
              • Mar 2006

Michael,
              I suspect when the sigh comes...not long from now...we'll all hear it and feel it. Thoughts and prayers with you and Danny, Thursday and every day, and a big cyber-hug for strength.
              Karen
              Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

• TCLEFT
                • Jul 2004

I can almost feel that sigh building on the air. Thoughts, prayers, wishes and anything else I can muster are with you. Hope you blow out a beautiful breeze tomorrow.
                I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

• dadmo
                  • Oct 2004

Michael:
                  This 70 miler will be the most demanding ride I have ever done. It's with all much younger riders and they plan on flying and with you and your brothers help I should be able to soar right along with them.
                  Last edited by dadmo; 06-27-07, 09:48 AM.
                  Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

• Kev332
                    • Oct 2004

Sending good thoughts your way Michael. Hope things go well.

-Kevin
                    Diagnosed 10/03/03
                    I/O 10/15/03
                    RPLND 1/21/04
                    Completed the Boston Marathon 4/19/05
                    Completed the Boston Marathon 4/17/06
                    Baby Riley born on 3/29/09

2012 Livestrong Challenge Web page

Comment

• Russell's Mom
                      • Sep 2006

just read

Hi Michael, Just read your post last night while I was at work. Words just don't seem to come close, but the image of Danny rising high above this is vivid. You are certainly right about the treatments. One conversation that I had with the onc nurses while Russell was in chemo was about how difficult it was to stay educated about all of the new meds being developed. Thousands! Very very hopeful. -- Past Oz.....let us know what the rainbow looks like from the other side! Thoughts and prayers are with you guys, Take care, Russell's Mom, Sharon
                      Click here to support my LIVESTRONG Challenge with Team LOVEstrong.

Comment

• dannysbrother
                        • Mar 2007

robert, Culinary mentor??? Tell me your not a Chef!!!!

You know, the first thing danny wants to do when he is through with this is enroll on Culinary school! Then get a degree in Restaurant Management. At 19, he was the youngest manager (after 2 years of serving) at a steak house in Phoenix. He is really good at it. Bobby Flay is his hero! I wrote him a letter when danny first came here in NYC and he sent danny an autographed photo. Then on Danny's birthday, in between TIP treatments we took him to The MESA Grill, one of Flay's restaurants in NYC and Danny met him!!! It was great.

As for the Bellagio, what a place. I'm partial to the buffet. Has anybody EVER seen anything like it? I think the Wynn is giving Bellagio a run for it's money now... It's VERY nice...

We just found out that Danny's surgery is at 1pm tomorrow. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and incredible positive energy. I told danny today that he has a whole lot of people on the TC boards rooting for him!

Were going to get this SOB.

Thanks,
                        M

Comment

• TCLEFT
                          • Jul 2004

Were going to get this SOB
                          F*ck it right up the a$% and don't even kiss it first. It's not poetic, I know, but it is heartfealt. Good luck you two!
                          I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

• dannysbrother
                            • Mar 2007

mark the poet.

ha!

yes we will.

-M

Comment

• Scott
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2003

What was that about a muzzle again, Mark?
                              Scott
                              right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• Karen
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by TCLEFT
                                F*ck it right up the a$% and don't even kiss it first. It's not poetic, I know, but it is heartfealt. Good luck you two!

Gee Mark...what a romantic analogy!!! I know as a moderator I'm supposed to say "tsk, tsk", but you know first hand about fighting the biggest battles, so I guess I have to second that statement (and then go to confession this Saturday !!!)

Michael,
                                Please know that you and Danny have a lot of people here in full force with you both in spirit, hope and love. Kill the bast@$d!!!!
                                Please post when you can to let us know how Danny is.

(Scott, sorry! Can you get us a group discount on muzzles??)
                                Last edited by Karen; 06-27-07, 08:40 PM.
                                Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X