Brian....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian....

Brian is on his way home from the city after meeting with the liver surgeon.
    the surgeon wanted to do the surgery next wednesday! But Brian asked if it was ok that he wait a few weeks because me and him are in a wedding party on oct 13th. its his best friend and i am good friends with his fiance. his dr said it was ok to wait. i was hoping he would say no,i just want him to get this over with. so looks like right now, he will have the surgery in a few weeks. the surgeon said that the liver grew, because the tumors are large, so he will remove a little more than half of brians liver , he did say that brians liver function is fine. he had a marker test and a ct-scan today. they were originally going to wait to do the surgery, to see what his markers do, because they dont dont want to operate on live tumor. but Dr Jarnigan (liver expert) has been in contact with Dr Bosl (chemo expert) and they said it is a go. so, we will wait to see what his markers are. they went up a blip as you all may know. but from what you all are saying, its possible for it to flucuate. so im trying not to be so concerned. the tumors are all in the far right of the liver.

so other than the armed cars, police,traffic, caos, and helicopters in the city today due to the unwanted guest in manhattan, nothing serious is happening right now, i just have to wait for his markers. and Mary ann is off tomorrow!! so i hope i can get them today.

i will update you all

Dawn
    Fiance Brian, dx:stage IIIC non-sem 4/18/07
    mets to lungs,liver,abdomin,large tumor near kidney
    hcg was 176,000!
    completed 1 rnd of TIP(had bad reaction to taxol)
    BEPx3 until 7/13/07
    7/26/07 post chemo ct-scan shwd shrinkage & fewer lung tumors
    10/17/07 @ MSKCC Liver FREE of cancer! necrotic & small focus of teratoma.
    AFP & HCG normal
    12/7/07 RPLND,right orchiectomy @ MSKCC
    12/18/07, rcvd pathology,all clear! no cancer!
    2/11/08 -Lung surgery dne @ MSKCC
    ALL CLEAR

Thanks for the update. Now try and relax and enjoy that wedding.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Definitely enjoy the wedding......it will be nice to relax from this for a day and have some fun with your friends.
      4/26/07 - mass confirmed w/ no elevated markers
      4/27/07 - left I/O
      5/2/07 - Dx: 100% seminoma stage 1A
      Surveillance: CT/blood (6 month cycle)
      4/27/13 - 6 years cancer free!

Comment

Working...
      X