Should i be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i be worried?

Ok, I know i am probably overeacting, but it has been 9 days since Brian's liver surgery. as you all know, we were told by the surgeon that it was necrotic, but we have to wait for the final pathology report. .... no calls yet. his next appt is nov 6th, to get his staples out. that seems like a long time to see the surgeon. and mary ann said that becasue he had the liver surgery, there is no need to have a marker test every week. his last marker test on oct 9th. i am kinda worried about that, even though they were low. but mary ann said if i was anxious, he could go get a marker test before the 6th, but it isnt necessary. am i over reacting? should i just trust that the tumors were necrotic? and stop being so NEUROTIC!!

Dawn
    Fiance Brian, dx:stage IIIC non-sem 4/18/07
    mets to lungs,liver,abdomin,large tumor near kidney
    hcg was 176,000!
    completed 1 rnd of TIP(had bad reaction to taxol)
    BEPx3 until 7/13/07
    7/26/07 post chemo ct-scan shwd shrinkage & fewer lung tumors
    10/17/07 @ MSKCC Liver FREE of cancer! necrotic & small focus of teratoma.
    AFP & HCG normal
    12/7/07 RPLND,right orchiectomy @ MSKCC
    12/18/07, rcvd pathology,all clear! no cancer!
    2/11/08 -Lung surgery dne @ MSKCC
    ALL CLEAR

I wouldn't worry about the path report but you might want to call so you have some peace of mind. As for the tumor markers you should let that one go until your regular appointment. A tiny fluctuation up or down will tell you nothing and only get you anxious.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Originally posted by dadmo
      I wouldn't worry about the path report but you might want to call so you have some peace of mind. As for the tumor markers you should let that one go until your regular appointment. A tiny fluctuation up or down will tell you nothing and only get you anxious.

DADMO, I did call, and she stated that the results have to come from the dr. and she couldnt tell me if they came back yet! if it was something bad, wouldnt they have called us already?

Dawn
      Fiance Brian, dx:stage IIIC non-sem 4/18/07
      mets to lungs,liver,abdomin,large tumor near kidney
      hcg was 176,000!
      completed 1 rnd of TIP(had bad reaction to taxol)
      BEPx3 until 7/13/07
      7/26/07 post chemo ct-scan shwd shrinkage & fewer lung tumors
      10/17/07 @ MSKCC Liver FREE of cancer! necrotic & small focus of teratoma.
      AFP & HCG normal
      12/7/07 RPLND,right orchiectomy @ MSKCC
      12/18/07, rcvd pathology,all clear! no cancer!
      2/11/08 -Lung surgery dne @ MSKCC
      ALL CLEAR

Comment

Working...
      X