Charlie's (physast) 2008 surveillance thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie's (physast) 2008 surveillance thread

I leave for the airport to goto New York in a few minutes and wanted to start this thread. I am going for my first post surgery (I/O) CT scan, checkup and to meet my new doctor, Dr. Sheinfeld's (if insurance pays my claims). Otherwise I will probably do a long distance treatment with Dr. Einhorn with a local oncologist in DC. Actually I might do that anyway.

Dadmo has been great and has offered my finance and I a place to stay while in New York which is wonderful (see you soon).

Lets hope this thread is uneventful and consist of only good news.

With out further ado.... Let the 2008 surveillance begin!
    08/28/07: Diagnosed Stage 1A nonseminoma (65% teratoma (mature and immature), 10% embyonal carcinoma, 25% yolk sac); AFP: 120 ng/ml HCG: 6.8 IU/L
    09/05/07: Right I/O; Clean CT
    09/13/07: AFP: 41 ng/ml HCG: 0.5 IU/L
    09/26/07: AFP: 12 ng/ml HCG: <2
    10/22/07: AFP: 2.2 ng/ml HCG: <2
    Surveillance All Clears: 11/09/07; 04/20/08;

Wow, what a long day for you guy's. You must have several stops considering your flight doesn't land at LaGuardia until 8pm. After we pick you up we can stop for some food and cold beer.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Best wishes for the CT and checkup.

Sounds like Dadmo is going to take good care of you.
      Fish
      TC1
      Right I/O 4/22/1988
      RPLND 6/20/1988
      TC2
      Left I/O 9/17/2003
      Surveillance

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will; to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

Good Luck!
        If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan
        If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. ~ Bruce Lee
        Please sponsor me for the 2011 LiveSTRONG Challenge Philadelphia.
        My Blog

Diagonosed 1988. Left I/O - 3 rounds of chemo
        Relasped 1989. RPLND - 3 rounds HDC - Bone Marrow transplant.
        There is Army Strong, There is Live Strong and then there is me. Crazy Strong

Comment

Helping others makes me feel a little less helpless. I guess it's just my mothering instinct.
          Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Best wishes. You're in the Best of hands with Bill and Nancy watching out for (and that IS what they'll do) you.
            I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

Good luck! Bill and Nancy are angels in disguise.....
              Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by dadmo
                Helping others makes me feel a little less helpless. I guess it's just my mothering instinct.
                Without a doubt the nicest Bad A$$ Mother you'd ever want to meet. Unless you were a Monkey.
                I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
                  Good luck! Bill and Nancy are angels in disguise.....
                  You could not be more right Karen.

I am going to ask Bill and Nancy to adopt me!
                  Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
                  Current DVT
                  Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Charlie, you'll be in great company over there. Just watch out for the wolverine in the shed .
                    "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
                    11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
                    12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Well I made it back from New Jersey/New York. I have to say that Amelia and I had the best time. I was so nervous waiting for the CT scan for weeks, but Bill and Nancy made us feel right at home as if we were family which made the whole experience so much easier. Absolutely amazing people.

Without a doubt the nicest Bad A$$ Mother you'd ever want to meet. Unless you were a Monkey.
                      Nancy was great! Amelia could not stop talking about how nice she was on the flight home. And I could see Nancy covering my back if those Doctors wanted to start something.

Thank you so much for the wonderful support everyone. Bill and Nancy thank you for everything (a million times over), I don't know how we would have done it without you. Like a family a way from home.

And now for the best news.....

Mark this day (11/09/2007) Charlie's first all clear!
                      08/28/07: Diagnosed Stage 1A nonseminoma (65% teratoma (mature and immature), 10% embyonal carcinoma, 25% yolk sac); AFP: 120 ng/ml HCG: 6.8 IU/L
                      09/05/07: Right I/O; Clean CT
                      09/13/07: AFP: 41 ng/ml HCG: 0.5 IU/L
                      09/26/07: AFP: 12 ng/ml HCG: <2
                      10/22/07: AFP: 2.2 ng/ml HCG: <2
                      Surveillance All Clears: 11/09/07; 04/20/08;

Comment

Mark this day (11/09/2007) Charlie's first all clear!
                        Now That's Bad A$$ !!! Excellent Charlie! Sweetest Music composed!
                        I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic, Charlie! I'm glad you had a great time at dadmo's. It's always great hanging out with such wonderful people.
                          "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
                          11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
                          12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Gotta love those all clears. Nancy and I are going to celebrate with a nice cup of sweet tea brewed with our livestrong kettle. Congratulations and anytime you need our place it's here.
                            Last edited by dadmo; 11-09-07, 03:37 PM.

Comment

ALL CLEAR...yippee!
                              Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
                              Current DVT
                              Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Working...
                              X