Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st ct after rplnd.

Hello gang,
    I was going to work and recieved a call from Dr. S office regarding my CAT scan last week .
    They told me that my left kidney was enlarge (hydronephrosis). That I have to go back for another CT scan on the renal area.

Is this common after rplnd?

thanks
    Pure embryonal Carcinoma, orchietomy, rplnd, X-ray/blood markers every 3 months.
    Pray, Hope and Don't worry.

I don't have my RPLND done yet so I really don't know . .

but it sounds strange I am still very scared about RPLND
    and read as much about RPLND as I can everyday .

Never hear of such thing . . . maybe there is other reason for it?

Good Luck . . Hope everything will be fine!
    Orchiectomy 2007/7/11
    BEP x4 7/31/2007 to 10/15/2007
    RPLND 12/11/2007

Comment

I remember my left kidney being enlarged months after my rplnd. I dont remember the details but it was related to the surgery and over time the ct scans showed it normalize.

Hope this helps.
      May 2000 I/O 100% Emb. Carc./June 2000 RPLND, 1 Node with Micro Involvement/ July 2000 1xBEP, 1xEP

Comment

I haven't had a scan since my rplnd (almost 4 weeks out), but if something like this comes up I'll let you know.
        Diag: 05/30/07, Stage 3 treatment at Upenn
        I/O: 06/04/07
        4 Rounds BEP ended 08/22/07
        RPLND: 10/12/07 Upenn
        2 Rounds EP ended 12/06/07
        2nd RPLND 07/08 Sheinfeld

Comment

Originally posted by Ampaman
          Hello gang,
          I was going to work and recieved a call from Dr. S office regarding my CAT scan last week .
          They told me that my left kidney was enlarge (hydronephrosis). That I have to go back for another CT scan on the renal area.

Is this common after rplnd?

thanks
          Hi Mike,
          It is always tough getting a phone call from Dr. S after a scan. Remember, he is very catious and conversative, and studies everything to the details other docs will not.
          In my case, all of my post RPLND CT Scans show the right kidney bisected at the midpole. I've had renal tests on my urine, and I'm fine.
          Not suprised that he would order another scan, that is why he is the best.
          I still drink a ton of water to keep everything flushed out and working.
          Stage III. Embryonal Carcinoma, Mature Teratoma, Choriocarcinoma.
          Diagnosed 4/19/06, Right I/O 4/21/06, RPLND 6/21/06, 4xEP, All Clear 1/29/07, RPLND Incisional Hernia Surgery 11/24/08, Hydrocelectomy and Vasectomy 11/23/09.

Please see a physician for medical advice!

My 2013 LiveSTRONG Site
          The 2013 Already Balders

Comment

Thanks guys ! I just came back from Dr. S office had a bag of pretzels and all that good stuff since, I don't get my breakfast in time for an early doc appointments. Anyway they told me it might be a minor obstruction but suggested for a renal cat scan for the kidney. Had my monthly blood marker test done too.
            That dreaded call yes indeed ! (Already bald).

RTC rplnd does not hurt ............NOT! <--(borat long pause..). because they put you to sleep, the only thing that hurts was when u wake up and then they make you walk after surgery ! or next day : ) and sneezing coughing and laughing was the one that hurts especially laughing part. I don't know but my sister got me a Borat movie after my surgery I was in pain laughing. Also the first week I was discharged. I tried to eat alot and my whole stomach was in pain moving and adjusting I was contemplating this is how it feels like when women are in labor probably? so do not EAT alot because it will all come back out.

Keep us posted, when will you be having your rplnd?
            Pure embryonal Carcinoma, orchietomy, rplnd, X-ray/blood markers every 3 months.
            Pray, Hope and Don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampaman
              RTC rplnd does not hurt ............NOT! <--(borat long pause..). because they put you to sleep, the only thing that hurts was when u wake up and then they make you walk after surgery ! or next day : ) and sneezing coughing and laughing was the one that hurts especially laughing part.
              The pain definitely wasn't much of an issue for me either. It must depend on the person because I heard the same thing going in and was expecting the worst pain ever. Honestly I would rather do 4 rplnds than four cycles of BEP. For me the chemotherapy was much worse. And you are already through that part!
              Diag: 05/30/07, Stage 3 treatment at Upenn
              I/O: 06/04/07
              4 Rounds BEP ended 08/22/07
              RPLND: 10/12/07 Upenn
              2 Rounds EP ended 12/06/07
              2nd RPLND 07/08 Sheinfeld

Comment

haha . . . borat long pause . . my sister got me that DVD shortly
                after my diagnose . . but I was too concerned about my future . .
                and couldn't laugh at all . . .

Anyway . . I will have my post chemo RPLND done on Dec. 11th
                by Dr. Foster.

4 RPLND rather than 4 chem? no way . .

Anyway . . . hopefully It won't be as bad as I thought . . .

It is just hard to not imagining the worst pain possible with and incision
                that big . (Which still frightens me when I think about it . . . . )

The getting up and walking part frightens me too . . .
                I just found it hard to accept that getting up and walking it good
                for me . . . . . I should be laying on bed for 10 days and let the wound
                heal
                Orchiectomy 2007/7/11
                RPLND 12/11/2007

Comment

Originally posted by RTC
                  The getting up and walking part frightens me too . . .
                  I just found it hard to accept that getting up and walking it good
                  for me . . . . . I should be laying on bed for 10 days and let the wound
                  heal
                  The hospital staff will encourage you to get up and walk around. It's good for you, and you'll feel better doing it. You'll surprise yourself!
                  Scott
                  right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

"encourage me" so that means they won't "force me" ?

oh well really hope it won't be as bad as I thought . .
                    and I can get over with it soon and focus on recovery . .

Maybe I think too much because
                    the first night and the first walk after my I/O was difficult . .
                    but they only give me Acetaminophen 500Mg . . . . I thought
                    it is for headache . . not post op pain management . . .

It's really messing with my mind and . . ..
                    gee I found myself moving as if there is a big wound in my stomach now . . .
                    Orchiectomy 2007/7/11
                    RPLND 12/11/2007

Comment

Working...
                    X