More pathology reports and question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More pathology reports and question

I went to my Urologist today for 2 week follow up after my Orchiectomy. I have a copy of the pathology report now and it states this:
    SEX CORD-STROMAL TUMOR, MOST CONSISTENT WITH SERTOLI CELL TUMOR, NOT OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
    SURGICAL RESECTION MARGINS FREE OF TUMOR.

He said that this is good news since there is no further treatment needed. The tumor was on 1 cm nodule with no significant hemorrhage or necrosis. It also states that although the tumor cells are negative for inhibin, the histomorphology and the immunohistochemical profile are most consistent with Sertoli cell tumor, nos.

The only problem now is that my AFP was elevated prior to surgery and has not changed after the surgery. It is only at 12.6 which is not terribly high, but it is a bit high. He thinks that there may be an issue with my liver which I doubt since liver enzymes were normal, but he is sending me to Hepatologist to see.

My question is, should I get a second opinion about pathology. He brought up possibility of a burned out yolk sac tumor that could have been missed, but dismissed that possibility. What else could elevate the AFP. Thanks for any help.

In a very quick response, I'd say: Congrats! Seems you are done.

Keep watchin' the AFP and make sure your gf/wife doesn't get you pregnant. I wouldn't worry about the AFP unless it shows an upward trend over months to come.

Comment

Working...
    X