my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my story

I am 37 yr old and was diagnosied in June 04 with TC. I had and ORCH to remove my left Testicle and it came back 100 % embroynal. I went thru 4 rounds of BEP chemo.

My blood work was as follows

AFP 5.9
    HCG <5
    LDH 512

Vascular invasion was present, and a CT of my abdoman/chest showed that there were 4 nodes enlarged 2.3 cm, 2.6cm,3.1cm, 7mm and 2 spots in my left lung1.4cm and 9 mm. Since then I have had CTs and blood work every 3 months, my last one was in June 05, the lungs are clear and 1 lymph node 1.1X1.1 and the other node is < 1 cm. I have been on survailance since I fininshed Chemo in Sep 04. I almost have 1 year in. The Dr's appear to be happy. How does this sound to the experts, is there a real big chance of this coming back.
    Last edited by Ray; 09-02-05, 09:01 PM. Reason: title change

Hi Ray, Im not an expert, but your case sounds similiar to mine. Im over 2 years since diagnosis. I still have some scars/ nodes and go for scans every 3 months also. The Drs. will probably watch you closer for longer. The 5 year mark is a the big hurdle in my case. So I look at it like a 2nd chance in thanks and prayer. Either way I hope that leads to a better outcome with the Lords favor. Keep your strength in hope. Prayers out, Tim
    Stage 3 seminoma w/intratubular Germ/ embryonal carcinoma in lymph/ pulmonary metastases
    I/O 7/2/03
    BEPx4
    Surveillance since 10/31/03

Comment

Working...
    X