X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amorgan74
    replied
    Ga. Heat

Wesley said recently that he absolutely could not stand the heat any more and wondered if that's going to be a forever thing or if it's just because it's so hot here right now and he's barely one year out of chemo? Anybody care to chime in on this one, he's outside for about 15 -30 minutes during any time in the afternoon and comes in pouring sweat and some nights has to take nausea meds and hit the couch for a couple of hours. I hated to say basically life is different but that was my thought, what has been the experience for most you that has had BEP? Thanks, April

Leave a comment:

• Mom
    replied
    Great news to pass that milestone, April. You deserve a vacation! Dianne

Leave a comment:

• amorgan74
    replied
    You're right Fish, It has now been since last April since we have had a vacation and I have a pretty good feeling I am going on a couple between now and the end of the year. We are trying to make plans right now but I am definitely feeling the wear and tear of the last almost year and a half and am due a break. April

Leave a comment:

• Fish
    replied
    That's great news. Having checkups every month has got to be draining, both physically and emotionally. At least now you get more of a break in between.

Leave a comment:

• huckchef
    replied
    thats great news to hear. stay positive and always be strong!
    continued thoughts and prayers,
    brian

Leave a comment:

• amorgan74
    replied
    Year 2, Yippee!!

After seeing the doctor for the last 17 months every month most the time more than once we have finally been moved to year 2 protocol. Wesley will have xrays and labs every 2 mos and CTs every 4 mos. We were both relieved and glad to get this first year under our belts and although we're not rushing it we do hope it will seem to go by a little quicker! Just wanted to pass along the good news and hope everyone is doing well.

April

Leave a comment:

• amorgan74
    replied
    Follow Up Protocol and Venting

Amen to that one Brother!!!

I do have a question for all of you out here in your second year of surveillance after having BEP & Stage III with good risk. What are most of you doing for the 2nd year, protocol says CXRs and labs every four months? Since we have always had to go every month for CXRS and labs and every three months for scans I cannot imagine the doctor actually allowing him to go that long between visits. I am thinking 2 - 3 months at the most between the visits.

Wesley is also giving me a bit of trouble about his appointments. I told him I don't have the time or patience to hear a word from him about this and he could handle it all on his own if he wanted to. His job has rotated to night shift again and I count the days until they change again from the very first night. His shift changes once every one to two months and this one is the hardest for us. We'll get through okay though. Always do. Hope everyone is doing okay and for those of you on year 2 with Stage III follow up please let me know what your experience is. April

Leave a comment:

• Kman99
    replied
    Love to see the continued good news about Wesley! Let's raise the glass and toast to a better 2nd year than 1st!

Leave a comment:

• amorgan74
    replied
    Yes it does and I guess there will always be a part of me that is little apprehensive each time we go. Everything I had read says that getting through the first year without any more problems is good and that after the second the odds are rather minimal that the TC will come back. I know there is always an exception to the rule but I truly believe we're the rule this time not the exception. Thanks, April

Leave a comment:

• Mom
    replied
    Good news. I know getting that one year behind you is a good feeling. Time marches on.

Leave a comment:

• amorgan74
    replied
    This month's labs (#10) were good and the x-rays were clear so we are looking forward to the next couple of months to get into the second year of surveillance. April

Leave a comment:

• amorgan74
    replied
    Yes, Ms. Lanette, me too. He went in for his monthly check up today and hopefully by the time we get to the next CT scan the doctor will go to the 2nd year schedule for follow up. It has been a prayer answered to get good visits. Thank you so much. April

Leave a comment:

• justinsmom
    replied
    April, so glad that after all you went through , esp. Wesley , that the scan turned out clear!!! God Bless- Lanette ><>

Leave a comment:

• amorgan74
    replied
    Test Results

I will say for all of the flubs with this set of scans Wesley has an excellent doctor. All results were good and we have found out that the spots that he has have remained basically the same for almost twelve months. Throughout treatment I think Dr. Carr has been in touch with the staff at IU and he told us yesterday that he was very pleased with the response to chemo but would still keep us on the same follow up schedule until the next set of scans in August. If everything stayed the same then he would move us to the second year of surveillance. Yipee!!!! We were excited and it appears maybe everything has stabilized so we are both glad. Thanks to all of you who have checked in on us, I really appreciate it. April

Leave a comment:

• Kman99
    replied
    April..

What Wesley and you had to go through just flat out sucked! And I'm sure it tested both of your patience levels. They BEST not charge you for 3 scans!!! Keep an eye on that. And most importantly, I hope the eventual outcome is positive. Let us know how about the results.

One thing I try to focus on in between tests...the waiting, the screw-ups, the waiting......is to remember that regardless of my test results, someone always has a worse situation. That, combined w/ a natural optimisitc personality, helps during those anxious moments.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X